Friday, April 16, 2010

Gosh, it is one year!

Our doubts are traitors, And make us lose the good we oft might win, By fearing to attempt.- William Shakespeare

It was on April 16th last year that we published our 1st post. The idea of a blog had been germinating in my mind for a while but I had kept postponing starting one thinking that it was a bridge too far. But Jaya coaxed me into overcoming my initial hesitation and has since been assiduously taking down my ramblings thus enabling me to bask in reflected glory. Our frequency of posting has come down a bit in recent times because Jaya is doing some online work which has commensurately reduced the time available for blogging.

Blogging has made me read some of the old books in my collection and links that I had saved long back. Quoting from them has enabled me to kill two birds with one stone - firstly, it means that I have to dictate fewer sentences and secondly, I can indicate what I read nowadays. I am glad that the links that I had saved on a whim have not gone waste.

It is said that behind every successful man there is a surprised woman. I must admit to being as surprised as Jaya that we have reached this far. I have not been very active in commenting because I don't want to keep ragging Jaya to act as my amanuensis when she has many other hats to wear. I hope you don't hold that against me. And we hope that our blog is not content-free. (Mark Twain was of the opinion that only presidents, editors and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial "we". I don't belong to any of these categories but I am sure that you understand my use of the royal pronoun.)

4 comments:

  1. happy blogisvery! that was lame... anyway, enjoying your posts, so a toast to many more years of posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great achievement,Suresh and Jaya....Your decision to blog was the best decision you took..else how would we have known about your journey through life?Your blog is a source of inspiration to all those who read it.Your never-say die attitude is mind-blowing!!Wish you many many more years of blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kesu, at work we have this line - time flies when you are having fun! I am happy to say that the line actually applies to your blog.

    One request though - those of us who have dealt with Jayashree know her to be very thoughtful and intelligent (among other things). Why doesn't she wear her own hat every now and then? She helps channel your thoughts to us. Great. But I am sure she has many interesting things to say as well on the topics you write on. Why not tell us more via the comments section?

    Jayashree, this means one more demand on your time, but please consider.

    Best wishes once again and Vishu greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kailash,

    Thank you for the Vishu greetings. My inputs are also included in Kesu's posts.

    ReplyDelete